Green plumbing for a safer environment
Everyone has a responsibility to create a safer and a sustainable environment. With regards to going green, plumbing has greater potential than any other aspect of your home. Embracing green plumbing can not only reduce your home energy costs but also improve your home especially from a health standpoint. Lastly, it’s also easier and much better for the environment.
At our company, we believe in using sustainable building practices. We make sure that we do our part in reducing our carbon footprint. We use green products to not only save money for our Bay Area customers but also promote sustainable living.
1. Green Plumbing tips for Energy reduction
There is no doubt that your plumbing systems consume lots of energy. However, there are certain ways that you can make them work smart. These include:
• Insulating pipes: unprotected pipes, more so those in exterior walls, lead to a significant heat loss as the water flows from the hot tank to a faucet. When pipes are insulated, more of this heat is kept in, resulting into a huge cut on your energy usage as well as reduced energy bill.
If you are contemplating an upgrade, remodel of your plumping system or a new home construction, it is important that you keep pipes completely out of exterior walls to eliminate unwanted heat loss. Instead, have the pipes run through interior and insulated spaces which have more regulated temperatures.
• Use energy efficient water heaters: hot water heaters make up as much as 15% of the total energy usage of your home. Installing a new energy-efficient heater can significantly reduce your energy bills.
• Use on-demand water pump: This device transfers hot water to other plumbing fixtures in just seconds. By so doing, it eliminates costs that come about when hot water sits unused in pipes and also reduces overall energy usage.
2. Green Plumbing tips for a Healthier Home
• Inspect Your Water Supply— the first thing that you need to do is to have your water independently tested to determine the problems that you need to focus on. Because different water purification and filtration systems target different aspects of water quality, it’s important that you what you are dealing with before moving forward.
• Installing Whole House Water Filtration System— a whole house filtration system can get rid of particulates, chemicals and all the microorganisms found in your water. This means water that is healthier for you and your family. It also extends the lifespan of your plumbing fixtures and water heaters especial in areas with high sediment levels.
3. Green Plumbing and the Environment
Softening our impact on the environment has never been more important. Here’s how you can help.
• Low-flush toilets are a great way to restrict unnecessary water usage, saving about 28 gallons of water per person every day.
• Purchase a leak monitoring device that will notify you of leaky faucets, pipes, and toilets so you can have the problem taken care of before too much water is wasted.
• Faucet flow reducers are easy to install and can cut water usage by more than 40 percent.
• Replace old appliances with energy efficient models. Dishwashers and washing machines with an Energy Star rating can reduce water use by more than 50 percent.
If you are a homeowner based in Bay Area, Hillsborough, San Mateo or Belmont, and you are looking for a professional green plumber, look no further. We have been serving clients from above towns for more than 20 years, and through that time, we have earned a reputation as trusted and expert plumbers for our customers. Call us today and speak to one of our customer service representatives to know how we can help you. Whether you want to do a house remodel, construct a new home or upgrade an existing one, we can help. Just tell us what it is that you want. Take the first step today to promote green and sustainable environment for future generations.