What is the Plumbing Maintenance Checklist
The importance of regular plumbing maintenance by a professional plumber in Belmont cannot be emphasized enough. A minor fault in the plumbing if left unaddressed could turn into a major fault. The hard fact not realized by many homeowners is that minor plumbing problems take their time developing and smoldering. And if not addressed promptly, they can threaten the very foundation of the home.
Through routine plumbing maintenance in San Mateo, individuals won’t be hit out of the blue by major plumbing problems at home. The important thing is to hire a professional plumber in Belmont who should carry out a comprehensive review of the home’s plumbing. Here is a checklist relating to the most important plumbing maintenance tasks in homes.
Checklist for Plumbing Maintenance
- Make sure that the plumber inspects the water supply lines’ shut-off valve. The valve should be inspected and repaired or replaced if required.
- Check the entire house for leaks in the plumbing.
- Inspect the tubs, sinks, and the shower area to ensure that the water is being drained smoothly. Slow drain or gurgling sound when the water is drained indicates a pipe blockage that should be addressed promptly.
- Look for signs of corrosion inside the pipes and joints such as rust on steel or iron and bluish-green deposits on copper or brass pipes. The rusted pipes can leak or even burst so it should be replaced promptly.
- Check for signs of mildew, stains, peeling, or warping that can indicate leaks in the internal house plumbing. The internal pipe leaks must be promptly repaired as it could do major damage to the structure of the house.
- Inspect the water supply connection and tubing of the refrigerator’s ice maker to ensure that there are no leaks. This plumbing issue is often overlooked by the homeowners that can cause big problems later on.
- Examine the shower heads and aerators of the faucets. They often become clogged with debris and minerals that result in less water flow.
- Visibly check the caulking around the shower door, tub and shower, sinks, and toilet bases. Replace the caulk with fresh silicone in the case of missing, iffy, or dried out spots.
- Inspect for signs of damage in the toilet tanks. The rubbery part of the tank deteriorates over time and may require replacement.
- Check the washing machine’s water supply line connections. Also, make sure to check the hoses for brittleness and cracks.
Keeping the above tips in mind during the routine plumbing maintenance can ensure that you don’t face major plumbing problems in Belmont and Burlingame. Consider signing a contract with a professional plumber in San Mateo that have years of experience under the belt relating to plumbing repair and maintenance.